Race report from the 1. race of the Vinterkarusell. Written by Erlend Hansen
The fall has come to Trondheim. You can tell it for sure, as the days are getting shorter and the weather is getting colder. For most people it means that the competition season is over, but for many other runners in Trondheim, it’s the start for the “Vinterkarusell”!
Yesterday, Wednesday 26.09, the first competition of 6 was held. The weather forecast reported strong wind and rain, but as the races started the weather cleared up for the runners. The weather gods showed mercy!
There were two races, a 5km and a 10km. We had members running both distances, and with some good results!
In the 10km, NTNUI Friidrett took home the gold with a 1st place to Erlend Hansen!
In the 5km, Magnus Warvik was 1 second(!) behind the podium and ended on a strong 4th place. Several of our runners have suffered from illness the last period, but they attended anyway and finished! Impressed by all who attended though the bad weather.
Nidarø rundt – 5 km
|48.||Ole Emil Frisvold||19:45|
Nidarø Rundt – 10 km
Article from the race in Kondis:
Next races in the Vinterkarusell:
- Wednesday 26. september: Nidarø Rundt — 5 km and 10 km.
- Tuesday 23. October — 5 km at Leangen, 18:30.
- Saturday 17. November — 5 km at Leangen, 11:00.
- Tuesday 15. January — 3000 m in Ranheimshallen, first start 18:00.
- Tuesday 12. February — 3000 m in Ranheimshallen, first start 18:00.
- Tuesday 26. March — 5 km at Leangen, start 18:30.